Retail Startup Awards 2017 Winners
GrabOn – Rank 1
Founder: Ashok Reddy
Based in: Hyderabad
About: GrabOn is a bootstrapped startup in the coupons and deals space, helping Indian shoppers save big while shopping online. In the last year alone, GrabOn has helped users save over Rs100 crores while shopping online. GrabOn started with a team of 5 people back in 2013 and today, provides a seamless couponing experience to 7 crore across 450 odd Indian cities, with the best offers in various sectors from food to fashion, travel, recharge, electronics and more.
It has 2,000 clients and partnerships with the biggest online companies the likes of Uber, Paytm, Freecharge, Snapdeal, Flipkart, Jabong, Swiggy and Mobikwik.
GrabOn continues to grow, design and innovate to provide huge savings to the average Indian online shopper. Towards that it has even launched a new savings and coupons app that offers the best offers inside the merchant app while they’re shopping online.
To know more, visit www.Grabon.in
SkinYoga – Rank 2
Founders: Radhika, Jagriti and Deepika Choudhary
Based in: Ahmedabad
SkinYoga is a 100% natural, vegan and Halal luxury skincare brand targeted at individuals across the globe. SkinYoga aims to create solutions for people who want to embrace a yogic lifestyle. The products are inspired from principles of Yoga. The products are completely dry which ensures that the ingredients active when one is ready to use the product. All one has to do is mix them with water.
SkinYoga retails to 29 countries including USA, UAE, Kuwait, UK and India through online and offline channels.
To know more, visit www.skinyoga.in
Wassup Laundry – Rank 3
Founders: R Balachandar & Durga Das
Based in: Chennai
Wassup is a leading on-demand laundry and dry cleaning service chain that was founded in 2011. Wassup is present in 50 stores across 8 cities and 14 territories, servicing over 3 lakh customers and has so far washed over 40 Million pcs. Wassup launched India’s first mobile app in laundry in 2012 and is listed among Global Services brands by Steve Dunn as a leader in the laundry space globally. Wassup is the only “Fully integrated Hybrid Omni Channel” player in the country
To know more, visit www.wassupondemand.com
The applicants who have entered the final round of Retail Startup Awards 2017 are
- Daily Ninja
- KAARYAH Lifestyle Solutions Pvt Ltd.
- Medinfi Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- Oye Happy
- Schuh Lifestyles Pvt Ltd
- Shoppingkart24 Online Services Pvt. Ltd.
- The Couch Potato
- Wassup Laundry
Retailers Association of India (RAI), the unified voice of retailers in India, is happy to present the inaugural edition of Retail Startup Awards.
RAI Retail Startup Awards have been instituted to celebrate the spirit of entrepreneurship.
It is a recognition of the indomitable spirit that drives entrepreneurs to convert their dreams into realities and ideas into viable business. With their out-of-the box solutions, start-ups are changing not just the world of business, but also our lifestyles.
The awards, therefore, are an acknowledgement of this contribution and a salute to the spirit that makes it possible. It is the beginning of something, which we hope will inspire others to dream, dare and innovate.
The awards will be given away on the evening of 15th Feb 2017 at Hotel Renaissance, Powai, Mumbai on the first day of Retail Leadership Summit 2017.
Eligibility Criteria For Entries
- The startup should be a legal entity that has been in existence for at least 1 year and not more than five years.
- Applicant/s must be Indian Nationals who are residents of India and must be above 18 years of age.
- The startup should be either directly or indirectly involved in the retail, either offline or online.
- The solution should innovative, add value to customers and should be commercial.
- The solution should be beyond the idea stage, address a clear opportunity, and has a scalable transactional model.
*Any other criteria as decided by Jury of Awards.
Process for the Entries:
- 1st level screening
- Last date for entries 4th February 2017
- Preliminary Jury will shortlist 12 entries
- Shortlisted 10 entries will announced on 8th February 2017
- Shortlisted 10 start-ups will give 8 minutes presentation (5 minutes presentation and 3 minutes Q&A) on 15th February 2017
- Final Jury will select Top 3 start-ups
- Top 3 startups will be awarded on 15th February 2017