Chief Executive Officer, Gili India Ltd (Gitanjali Exports Ltd)
Sanjeev Agarwal has a unique combination of experience encompassing FMCG, Banking & Finance and the Luxury Retail Sectors having worked in Unilever, Cadburys, Deutsche Bank, World Gold Council and now Gitanjali Gems Group as the CEO of GitanjalI Export Corporation.
His passion is to develop new market & category development initiatives and has successful conceptualizing & creating an “all India gold buying day” on ‘Akshaya Tirthaya’ for the World Gold Council, resulting in an increase in sales of gold & jewellery by Rs 12,000 crores; an unique ‘point of sale – a Diamond & Jewellery ATM machine and recently a “concept’ precious metal called – Lumineux Uno – a combination of the 4 precious metals.
- Chairman FICCI (Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce) Gems & Jewellery Committee
- Panel of Advisors to the Government of India on the Gold Policy matters
- Member of the FICCI International Business Council
- Chairman of the Indo-Armenian Joint Business Council
- Honorary Managing Director of the World Silver Council
- Honored with the ‘Niryat Shree Gold Award’ from the President of India & the Commerce Minister in 2012 – for the contribution to the Gems & Jewellery Sector.
- Given the ‘CNBC-ICICI Bank Emerging India Award’ in 2013
- Given the ‘ECGC – D&B Indian Exporters Excellence Awards’ for the Most Socially Responsible Exporter in 2012
- Awarded the ‘Asia’s Most Promising Brand’ by World Consulting & Research Corp (WCRC)